14 Fabulously Fun Facts About Sleep
When it comes to sleep, there are loads of amazing things you might not know about it! NuSleep loves sleep so much that we decided to dig deep and come up with some funky, quirky, fun facts about sleep. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, sleep is pretty awesome and weird.
For those who love fun, weird sleep news here are 14 fabulously fun facts about sleep:
1. People can take cat naps with their eyes open without even knowing it. How cool is that!?
2. Adults who don’t get enough sleep tend to act sluggish, but sleep-deprived children may be hyperactive. No wonder kids wear Mom and Dad out.
3. Humans spend about a third of their lives asleep. That’s a lot of dream time.
4. One in five adults fail to get enough sleep. Maybe they need some NuSleep sheets!
5. Most dreams involve normal situations with familiar people; bizarre, fantastic or intense dreams are rare. Which might mean you are super-unique.
6. A change in the body clock keeps most teens from feeling sleepy until 11 p.m. or later.
7. Mild snoring is nearly universal - almost everyone is likely to snore at one time or another.
8. More than half of adults report having nightmares occasionally.
9. The first CPAP machines for the disorder sleep apnea were made from vacuum cleaners.
10. Drinking caffeine during the day can affect how you sleep at night. You might want to avoid coffee after 3 p.m.
11. Sleepwalking tends to be a fairly normal part of a child’s early sleep patterns.
12. No one knows if other species dream but some do have sleep cycles similar to humans. Your dog might be running in his sleep too!
13. Elephants can sleep while standing or while lying on the ground.
14. Children tend to fall asleep faster and sleep longer when they go to bed before p.m. So listen to your parents kids! They aren’t out to trick you.
- Romell Bhaala