Fuel Up On Vitamin B Packed Wraps To Get Some Great Sleep
One of the best ways to get some great sleep is to grab a healthy meal packed with Vitamin B6 during the day. Vitamin B6 helps you produce sleep inducing melatonin to naturally put your body in the mood to go to bed, it can also keep you calm and help maintain a healthy nervous system which is also great for sleep. Tuna is packed with Vitamin B6 and one of the best, low-fat proteins you can use to fuel up on.
While some people might not enjoy the taste of tuna, there is one tantalizing way to warm up to this yummy fish. Simply spice your tuna up with warm, invigorating curry. You might just fall in love with this truly delicious, healthy and nutritious way to sleep better!
Curried Tuna Wraps
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
¼ cup greek yogurt, plain
3 teaspoons yellow curry powder
1 (5 ounce can) tuna in water, drained
¼ cup walnuts, chopped
2 tablespoons dried apricots, chopped
3 tablespoons chickpeas, rinsed and drained and coarsely chopped
4 leaves romaine lettuce
4 spinach or tomato tortillas
1 whole cucumber, sliced
½ cup raita, for dipping
1. Combine lemon juice, olive oil, curry powder, and greek yogurt in a large mixing bowl until well-combined.
2. Fold in tuna, walnuts, apricots and chickpeas until well-incorporated.
3. Lay tortillas out on a flat surface. Place one leaf of romaine lettuce in center of each tortilla.
4. Spread ¼ cup of tuna mixture, evenly, into the center of the leaf.
5. Fold in one side of the tortilla edges around the leaf, enclosing the tuna mixture in it like a burrito.
6. Cut each wrap, in half, crosswise, on a diagonal. Serve your delicious wraps with cucumber slices and raita for dipping!
- Romell Bhaala