Get a Whole Night’s Sleep With Seriously Sweet Grains
Add some whole grains to your diet and get yourself a whole night of sleep! Whole grains are the best carbs to consume, because our bodies will burn the carbohydrates for energy and not store it as sugary fat. Whole grains consist of several different ingredients, but the basic to remember is that the flour is non-enriched. Enriched flour can wreak havoc on your diet and lifestyle because it’s bleached and fortified - something our bodies just don’t know how to digest properly. You can add some whole grains with these killer pancakes, packed with delicious whole grains and a whole lot of love for the sake of your sleep!
Whole Grain Banana Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook TIme: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups whole grain, unbleached, non-enriched flour like Simple Truth Organic Wheat Flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar or sugar substitute like Splenda Naturals
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 1/4 cups milk
1 whole banana, mashed
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
2. Make a well in the middle of the dry mix. Pour butter, egg, and milk into the well and whisk until combined; there will be some lumps. Over-mixing will cause pancakes to thin.
3. Fold in the mashed banana.
4. Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
5. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat: spray with cooking spray.
6. Pour batter into the hot skillet with a 1/4 measuring cup. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbles appear on the sides and center of each pancake. Flip and cook until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat until all batter is cooked.
7. Top with chocolate sauce, your favorite syrup or butter for one delicious meal!
- Romell Bhaala