One Sweet Lunch For Very Sweet Dreams
Turn your favorite pita into a pocket full of delicious turkey into sweet dreams with this delicious recipe. Food that induces sleep is lean and perfect for lunch to power up for a relaxed evening. These savory pitas stuffed with a little bit of sweet and a hint of spice are just the thing to pack for lunch or whip up on a busy evening for dinner. Simple and quick, serve it with a side salad packed with nutritious veggies or a cup of yogurt for one scrumptious meal.
Turkey & Pineapple Pitas
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
4 slices turkey breast
Pinch sea salt
Pinch black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon chili powder
¼ cup pineapple, chopped
1 ancho chili, deseeded and sliced
2 whole wheat pitas
2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
1 leaf romaine, chopped
4 lime wedges, for serving
1. Combine olive oil, sea salt, pepper and chili powder in a large mixing bowl.
2. Place turkey slices into the mixing bowl and coat well.
3. Heat an oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Wrap pitas in aluminum foil. Place them in the oven, when up to temperature, and turn the oven down to warm.
4. Bring a medium frying pan to medium-high heat. Add the pineapple and ancho chili to the frying pan and cook, stirring constantly for 6 minutes or until tender.
5. When the pineapple chili mix is cooked, remove the pita bread from the oven and cut each in half.
6. Stuff one slice of seasoned turkey into each half of pita pocket.
7. Evenly distribute pineapple, ancho chili mix into each pita.
8. Stuff each with a handful of chopped romaine.
9. Top with a pinch of cilantro. Serve with a lime wedge on the side and enjoy!
- Romell Bhaala