Farm To Table Garden Fresh Omelettes Make Spring Fun
The best part about Spring is the Farmer’s Markets blooming with fresh vegetables, artisan cheeses and butters, cured meats and butcher specialties, as well as herbs, spices and freshly canned sauces. A healthy diet can simply help you sleep better. Deep sleep without those pesky nightmares can also help you live a more healthy lifestyle over-all.
The combinations are endless when it comes to farm to table omelettes:
● Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Onions, Carrots, Broccoli, Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Parsnips, Zucchini, Cabbage, Eggplant or Squash.
● Cheddar, Swiss, Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone, Colby, Monterey Jack, Halloumi, Feta, Pepper Jack, or Brie.
● Bacon, Ham, Sausage, Chicken, Steak, Pulled Pork, Shrimp, Smoked Salmon.
● Salt, Pepper, Basil, Oregano, Chili Seasoning, Cajun Seasoning, Cumin Powder, Garlic Powder, Cinnamon, Crushed Chipotle Peppers, or Crushed Red Peppers.
● Hot Sauce, Remoulade, Drawn Butter, Tabasco, Salsa, or Sour Cream.
So how do you make the best farm to table omelette ever?
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
Your favourite fillings from the list above!
1. Beat eggs and milk in a small mixing bowl; set aside to rest.
2. Heat butter or oil in a non-stick omelette pan or frying pan.
3. Pour in egg mixture.
4. Gently push the cooked portions from the edges of the pan, toward the center with a spatula, so that uncooked eggs can reach the hot pan surface; continue cooking, tilting pan and gently moving cooked portions as needed.
5. When top surface of eggs is thickened, and no visible egg liquid remains, fill one side of the omelet with your favorite farm to table veggies, spices, meats, and cheeses.
6. Fold omelette in half with spatula. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes to heat fillings.
7. Slide omelette onto a plate and serve with your favorite sauce.
Want more great sleep inducing, healthy, delicious recipes from NuSleep? Check out Holy Sheets! We put the fun back in food!
- Romell Bhaala