Get Some Serious ZZZ’s With Breakfast For Dinner
Some days you just really want to indulge! Why not serve up some seriously delicious breakfast for dinner that is sure to induce sweet dreams. Stuffed French Toast Wraps are full of fruit, vitamins and antioxidants. Sure to become a favorite treat, this delicious recipe is best served for dinner with a side of tryptophan filled turkey bacon, a glass of wine, and finished with a cup of sleepy time tea.
Decadently Velvet Stuffed French Toast Wraps
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 large eggs
½ cup ultra-filtered 2% milk, like Fair Life
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup Greek vanilla yogurt
1 ripe banana
2 teaspoons butter
½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
½ cup fresh blueberries
powdered sugar, for dusting
4 flour or corn tortillas
1. Heat a medium frying pan on medium high heat.
2. Whisk egg, milk, cinnamon and nutmeg together in a shallow mixing bowl. Set aside to rest.
3. Add turkey bacon to frying pan.
4. Mash the ripe banana in a separate mixing bowl, and fold into the yogurt until smooth.
5. Heat butter over a second medium-high heat in a frying pan.
6. Submerge one tortilla in the egg wash. Shake off excess and transfer to griddle for 2 minutes, flip and fry an additional 2 minutes until golden brown. Repeat for second tortilla.
7. Flip bacon to brown the other side.
8. Lay tortillas flat on a plate. Spoon half the banana yogurt mix down the middle of each tortilla. Top each tortilla with ½ of the strawberries and blueberries.
9. Roll each up like a burrito. Dust with powdered sugar.
10. Transfer turkey bacon to the plate alongside the French Toast Wraps.
Serve with a glass of white wine or cup of tea - and enjoy!
- Romell Bhaala